Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Okay, So I'm A Little Nervous

I drove and drove and drove today, I think close to 500 miles. Was going to stop at an RV park, but didn't like its looks. Onward to Watson Lake. Campground totally full, except for two little back-ins with huge motor homes in the front. Now you all know I suck at backing in, so on to Otter Creek, another hour ahead. No campground, contrary to what I was told in Watson Lake. Onward. Tired. A restless pooch.

Saw 3 black bears, a dead grizzly (I could have lived the rest of my days without seeing that), and just up the road from where I parked for the night - a mommy griz and 2 cubs! I think I may have worn out my new van brakes today!









So, here I am, continuing my maturation in the world of RVing...my first ever solo dry camping, and my first time using the generator for its intended purpose! Then, I took a shower while dry camping...another first! (used genny to dry my hair.)

Anyway, I am a little nervous about bahrs...there's bahr scat right where I put my genny. Gotta be bahr - it's big and hairy. No letting the little beast roam freely tonight! And my bear spray is sitting on the counter, all ready to be put to use on man or beast (no, not Abby).







Good night, all. Be home soon!

Location:Somewhere South of Watson Lake

5 comments:

  1. Well you are doing mighty fine on your Solo ! hmmm don't know what to say about that Barh doo doo...but don't step in it !!!! We are all keeping an eye open for you and enjoying your pictures too...Soon you will be back home and snug as a bug in a rug ! Take your time be safe..God's Blessing Shine on you and Abby...Zeee and Critters 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling a little more relaxed, friend. Just remember that those bahrs are just as afraid of you as you are of them. And congrats on using your genny & taking a shower! :) Think you'll be in the Gillette, WY in the next week or so by chance? Would sure love to have a good laugh with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot, Woot......Mitch went to Alaska!!!!! And se saw bahr and moosies and sheep and learned how di big potties and take an RV shower and boondock.....she is woman and she can do anything! (Just don't drive when you are over tired and take care of that Abby dog.) Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bear sightings! Easy on the brakes though, and do take your pictures from the car! Beware the smell of bacon, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golly, Gee, Mitch...you are doing so good...I'm so proud of you!!! Now drive safe, enjoy the sights, and tell Abby Spinner says Hi and that he's getting really bored at visiting relatives and wants to get go West, himself....

    Love ya',
    Lori & the guys...

    ReplyDelete