Sunday, June 24, 2012

How Can You Not Love Valdez?

What a great little city, and the Lulu Belle is a top shelf tour! Beth has a great spot to work for the summer.

Piloting...


Spotting...


Food prepping...




Captain Fred is one amazing captain! Why, his navigation skills alone are worth the price of admission. Check out the bow pulpit...it never touched!



Here are some of the sights we were privileged to see.

Columbia ice fields






Dall porpoises (they played with us for the longest time, and distance).









Lady in the rock. Do you see her?



Beautiful scenery
















Sea lions by the dozens













Icebergs from the Columbia Glacier



And bald eagles






All from this gorgeous vessel known as The Lulu Belle out of Valdez, AK.



Oh, yes - and sea otters that look like Vickie...



What a marvelous time!



I toured one of Valdez's museums. Do you know what this is?


Don't peek...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




Location:Valdez, AK

6 comments:

  1. I would love to visit Valdez! It's unbelievably beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Mitch. Glad you had a good tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just glad you didn't say I looked like the big sea lions on the rock! I'm glad you had such a great time in Valdez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good cruise out with Bethers. Give the Beast a hug for me. Great shots you have been taking! Keep posting! Be safe,

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it all! thanks for posting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the picture of you and Beth. And congrats on your big-girl-panties achievements in Thursday's Addendum! I so look forward to meeting you.

    ellenw (Ellen from Spokane)

    ReplyDelete